DE What?
wander today, as usual, late at night and I came across this blog .
What arises is a fair question because most people prefer GNOME to KDE?
I think the reason is very simple :
1. Gnome window manager is installed by default probably just the beginning (I understand it before you try KDE) you want to break the bales to learn the terminal commands to install kde or manage packages to install DE .
2. It is said that the new user is aware of KDE, you probably hear about it as something miraculous but unreachable at the moment ..
3. It 'easier to use, everything is organized in areas and it is easier to find the programs directories and files;
4. To run GNOME requires less hardware and graphics cards, so I can use very outdated machines without slowing too much of my work, the 'classic example of what I say is my now legendary
PC FUJITSU SCENIC E600
Processor: Intel ® Pentium 4 2.6Ghz HT
Memory: 512MB DDR Video Card
:
Integrated Sound Card: On board
Optical drive: CD Rom
Hard disk: 40GB Sata
6X2.0 USB ports, 2 of which are frontal
Other ports: 1 Serial, 1 Parallel Card
Network: 10/100 Ethernet LAN
Chest BEN 105 € shipping included.
With things running with GNOME KDE with very reasonable performance of the car slowing down every so often and work becomes almost irritating (I realize I ask both the PC anyway.
Results iIn my case?
Monto KDE and GNOME desktop on an old laptop still good.
I think these are the reasons that encourage people to use GNOME instead of KDE ..
0 comments:
Post a Comment